Sunday, May 3, 2009

Snow and Sun in February!





The top picture is Wendy and her good friend Barbie Mazza donning 50's attire.  Todd and Barbie treated us to a trip to San Jose to attend the sock hop 50's themed party for Barbie's big 40th birthday.  It was so nice to enjoy some sun in the normally very cold Utah winter months.

My sister Kobi and her husband Cam and fam came to Utah for a week visit. Their kids are not used to snow living in the New Mexico dessert.  They loved making a snowman.  Another fun snow activity this month was a father son outing with church friends at Gaylen Atkinson's cabin.  We ate a chili for dinner; Fathers told stories about growing up around the fire; and we played games, and told funny jokes past midnight.  The next day we went snow mobiling, 4 wheeling, and sledding.  A could be crisis turned into a miracle.  I lost my wallet and car keys in a wide open field that had to be 3 football fields long.  I prayed desperately knowing how mad Wendy would be if she had to drive two hours with a set of keys.  Within 5 minutes and four search teams, we found both my wallat and car keys!  Thank you God!  
The next weekend we hosted an Adamson Adult dinner at Rib City.  It was really nice to have my father and Sandi in town.  With my Dad and Sandi's visit combined with Kobi and Cam's visit we had family from New Mexico twice this month!
Wendy and I taught a Dave Ramsay "Get Out of Debt" seminar to couples in our church.  We put a lot of time into this.  We are close to clearing all our debts.  It is an exciting time. 

0 Comments: