Thursday, September 25, 2008

August Rush & September Mush

Whew! The final month of summer was a rush of fun and then our kids attitudes turned to mush as school started. A friend Amber, my personal website consultant, told me ways to post groups of pics on this blog, so after this post I am excited to post an array of pictures from the last year. August rush featured a ward campout at Walsberg, Ut., a father and son hike to Lake Blanche, and a Jones family reunion at a cabin in Heber, Ut. September slammed the kids with homework. It took bout two weeks for the kids to adjust. We just got back from parent teacher conferences at Monticello Academy (college prep charter school). Taylor is struggling with 7th grade homework requirements. Noel is surprisingly keeping up quite well doing an 8 class A day B day rotation as a 10 year old. Despite the struggles, both met and exceeded state standards for core subject areas. This was a great self esteem boost for Wendy and I. This month Taylor went to a Jamborall for scouts and started Karate. Noel takes dance concurrent to Taylor's Karate at the winner school. This school is proving to be a very excellent experience for the Taylor and Noel so far. I only wish there were two labor day holidays in September. We could use two holidays!

1 Comment:

amberd. said...

Wow! Honorary mention and all! I totally missed this post somehow. In fact, I missed a ton of your posts. I think you are drafting these and publishing them, and I'm not seeing them on my blog roll because it shows the most updated one! But awesome! I'm loving all the family photos! You guys have a very fun life! Glad to hear it! Keep blogging....for posterities sake!