Wednesday, August 27, 2008

After 3 hours and 3,500 feet,We made it Lake Blanche!




Taylor and I thought we picked a light hike for our first annual father son hike. The lake Blanche trail is located at mill B parking lot just before the S turn in Big Cottonwood Canyon. We were shocked at the incline and how long the nearly three miles took to complete. We started at 5:00pm and arrived at the lake just before 8:00. My heart rate was pounding out 160 beats a minute while Taylor's heart rate pumped easily at 140 with little sweat. The panorama of majestic mounts towering over three beautiful lakes-- Blanche, Florence and Lilian--was worth all the sweat and effort. We camped near Lake Florence and ate the best tasting tinfoil dinner and scarfed all our snacks. We needed energy! In the morining we had spam and eggs--protien boost for our return hike. Enjoy the spectacular pictures that follow

1 Comment:

amberd. said...

GOOD JOB GUYS! Doesn't it make you sad to know you're getting old? My 6 year old can kick my trash around the track. Although...when we went on our 5k fun run at her school....she about died running 3 miles straight! But she did it...and I was proud of her.

Did you totally see my awesome cliff jump on my blog? Oh yea! Amber jumped off a 40 ft. cliff yo! AND yes....my butt STILL hurts!