Sunday, October 11, 2009

June's Highlights

June is a special month for the kids. They get to say goodbye to school and enjoy summer. Some schools in Utah are so full they do on track and off track which is a pain for families trying to plan vacations. Taylor and I had a father son outing on the 12th and 13th. This will be our last outing to Walsburg Church property. This has been a strong tradition for Taylor and I for nearly 10 years. The property sits at the end of the Wallsberg valley. My great great grandfather William Madison Wall settled this community which was named after him. The property is at the mouth of the canyon. It features two pavilions, bathrooms, a tree swing, a river runs through the property. We usually do capture the flag or look at star consellations through a telescope on Fri evening. Saturday we do games or a hiking adventure. The beautiful and relaxing setting combined with good food and friends has made this a special time.


I also had a another special outing in the woods this month. I attended a Wild at Heart Christian Men's retreat in the Eden Valley at the top of Ogden canyon. Wow. I had some great experiences with men, enjoyed lots of adventure oriented activities and had some very personal spiritual experiences through lectures, prayer, meditation and journaling. I loved it. It helped ground me, orient me, and be prepared for the upcoming months. If anyone is interested in this search humblewarriorheart.org or .com. I recommend it to any man who is struggling to find purpose in his life. You really come to understand your masculine journey in a powerful

0 Comments: