Sunday, November 9, 2008

October Happenings


My goal is to not wait longer than a month without posting. I slipped on this goal with last entry being late September. October was a busy month! I helped organize an AMCAP (Association of Mormon Counselors and Psychotherapists) convention. I copresented with Kenneth Cope and Kristen Douglas on the healing power of music. Later that weekend, Taylor, Noel and I got tickets to go to Sunday afternoon session of LDS conference. We barely got seats as our assigned parking was several blocks from the conference center. The spirit was very strong and I was proud of Taylor and Noel for staying attentive for 2 hours. My counseling practice is about 80% full; consequently, I have had more time at home which has been nice. However, I need to get my hours up for holiday vacations and shopping.



Taylor Update: At a court of honor in October, Taylor recieved 6 merit badges: Horsemanship, small boat sailing, riflery, wood carving, fishing, and personal fitness. Most of these badges he completed at summer camp. Taylor and I did personal fitness together at West Valley Fitness center over a three month period. Taylor is showing great promise as a runner. In his final mile run, he completed it 7:04! Taylor is a white belt in karate. He is close to playing his first Hymn Sweet Hour of Prayer. Taylor had two costumes for Halloween. At school, he had to be a core knowledge character. He had the self confidenct to dress up as Helen Keller. He was a hit getting lots of attention. In the neighborhood, he dressed up as a bottle of catchup.



Noel Update: Noel has made a significant turn around in her commitment to school. She announced to Wendy and I that she has decided to get all A's and B's. Her first quarter grades showed just that. We observe that the winner school has had some influence on Noel's overall improvements. Her dance school regularly teaches great life morals such as, importance of positive attitude, hard work, doing your best, and believing in yourself. Noel dressed up as a fashion witch. She loves Hanna Montanna TV show series. She is in a really pleasant stage right now. Home and school are great. Socially, she tends to get lonely, she expressed a desire to make more friends.



Halle Update: Halle spoke in chuch today as the primary program did the Sacrament meeting. She blurted her memorized line in the microphone "Everyone has a divine destiny." She loved this experience. Later in the parking lot with outstretched arms, she yelled to everyone in the parking lot, "everyone has a divine destiny!" She has little fear of people and a very outgoing personality. Wendy and I observe that one of her destinies is to have a very strong will. If you say "NO" to something she really wants. She puts her hands on her hips, leans her face inward, puckers her lips, and announces "I AM THE BOSS!"



Wendy has given me her old Mac computer. She has been experimenting with lots of different healthy cooking ideas this past month. Most are veggie dishes with a variety of seasonings. She signed us both up to take Mac classes together. This has been our date night twice this month. The MAC operating system is faster and more user friendly. I love how all the programs seem to work interactively without major issues. I am using my new mac to create a christmas DVD gift for my family. I have scanned almost 300 pictures from early childhood to the present. I hope to create a slide show with music and neat transitions in imovie.



Wendy Update: (I will get her to add to this later...)

2 Comments:

amberd. said...

Wow! Sounds like you guys HAVE been really busy! I hope you can get more screwed up people into your practice soon so that you can have a good Christmas! hahaha! That's hilarious!

I'm impressed with the Hellen Keller, "Everyone has Divine Destiny," and the mad running skills. Maybe your kid could show me how to get my pace down! I'm still at a 10 minute pace. Although, that is an improvement from my 11 minute pace last year.

Conference sounded fun! I have loved all my experiences at Conference. I've been 3 times. But that was back in the old days when you camped out to get in. Plus I was a young buck then and could handle the no sleep. Funny.

Glad to hear your update. By the way...I couldn't get into your mac.com site. It said I needed a password? So I couldn't see what you were talking about as far as look of the blog goes.

Marj said...

Are you aware that it's been more than a month since your last post?